ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING DETAILS
Where: Online, virtual meeting with mandatory pre-registration per eligible voter (any parent, legal guardian, coach, referee or volunteer 18 and older)
When: April 28, 2021 at 6:30 pm
AGM Meeting Registration:
- Please click here and be sure each voter registers separately and has a separate device to log into.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Seeking Professionals in the Prince George Community looking for volunteer opportunities.
- PGMHA is seeking nominations for our Board of Directors.
- For the 2021-2022 season there are five (5), 2-year positions available.
- PGMHA welcomes professionals.
- The Board meets approximately twice a month however commitment fluctuates as the hockey season demands.
- This requires dedication and commitment and is very rewarding.
- If you are passionate about sport and effecting positive change, this is a great opportunity to get involved.
- Please review the PGMHA Organizational Chart 2021-2022 for more information to see if your professional experience fits our needs.
- If you'd like to learn more, please contact Glynis Vennberg, President via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination Timeline & Process
- Nominations are open until April 23, 2021 at 6:30 pm and will only be accepted as follows:
- Option A)
- Nominate yourself
- Include your biography to be posted publicly
- email email@example.com
- Option B)
- Nominate another person
- The person being nominated will need to be contacted and formally accept this nomination
- The person being nominated will need to provide a biography to be posted publicly
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com will be the only email that will accept your nomination and this is monitored by the Nomination Committee
My name is Glynis Vennberg, current President of PGMHA. I have sat on the board of directors for the past 6 seasons of hockey. There have been many great advances and changes within PGMHA and it's structure over the past few years. As an organization we have made great strides in developing a strategic plan, but I feel there is much more work to be done. As such I am letting my name stand for re-election for this upcoming season. I am excited to finish the job we have started and look forward to connecting with the membership this season.
As I have put forward my name for nomination, here is a little information about myself.
I am currently employed as a district youth care worker for School District 57. I specialize in compassionate and trauma based practices, bringing resources and information to schools in these two capacities. I also spend a great deal of my time working with those kids that struggle with behavior in the district.
Before moving into the school district, I was a correctional officer at the Prince George Youth Custody Centre for 17 years. Near the end of my career there, I worked directly with youth on probation within the community. It was an eye opening experience.
Both of my children play or played rep hockey. My oldest son has now aged out of youth sports and has chosen not to pursue junior hockey. PGMHA had done a good job of preparing him for those opportunities in spite of his decision not to move forward.
My daughter is currently a second year bantam player and her experience has been different. The number of girls playing hockey, diverse coaching and opportunities to develop, has been lacking in comparison to the opportunities provided to the boys. This is what has brought me to my decision to be part of minor hockey on a different level and my interest in the board.
As a parent, I chaired and organized 5-6 tournaments between the two teams. All were relatively successful raising an average of about $3-5000 from the raffle table alone
Hockey has been a huge part of the lives of my family, and a played a major part in the confidence, character, and friendships my children have developed as they have grown. I would like to continue to be a part of this sport for these and a multiple of other reasons.
Thanks for your consideration,
BOARD MEMBERS FULFILLING 2ND YEAR OF TERM IN 2021-2022
- Rob Connelly
- Tarra Latkowski
- Aaron Flett
- Tyler Garden